According to security sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media, PKK terrorist organization carried out the attack in Turkey’s fourth largest city.
The blast at the entrance of a historic bazaar had injured 20 people.
Six of the 17 people arrested so far in connection with the explosion have been remanded in custody, the sources said.
The arrests were as part of a nationwide police operation in Bursa, Mardin, Sanliurfa, Izmir, Istanbul and Afyonkarahisar provinces.
Bursa Governor's Office said Wednesday that a female suicide bomber was involved in the attack.
The police are still trying to establish the identity of the bomber, who is thought to be a 24-year-old woman, identified only by the initials E.C.
A DNA test will confirm the identity, police said.