The Palestinian Ministry of Health announced on Wednesday that two Palestinians were killed in an Israeli raid on the West Bank city of Nablus.
Health officials announced that 36 people were injured. The condition of 4 of the injured is serious.
"Two killed by occupation (Israeli) bullets in Nablus," the health ministry said, adding that at least 36 wounded people had been admitted to hospital.
The Israeli military confirmed that an operation was under way in Nablus but did not immediately provide further details.
The city of Jenin, located near Nablus, became the focus of Israeli pressure last year after Palestinian attacks on their city.
"We condemn the occupation's raid into Nablus and we call for an end to the continued attacks against our people," said Nabil Abu Rudeineh, spokesperson for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.