Russian forces continue operations against cross-border raiders entering Russia from Ukraine in one of the most daring attacks on Russian territory since the invasion of Ukraine began 15 months ago, Aljazeera reported.
The governor of Russia's Belgorod region, Vyacheslav Gladkov, said on Tuesday that a “counter-terrorism operation” was continuing against what he had earlier described as a Ukrainian “sabotage group” which had entered Russian territory in the Graivoron district bordering Ukraine.
“On the situation in the Graivoron district: the cleaning of the territory by the Ministry of Defense together with law enforcement agencies continues,” he said on the Telegram messaging app.
One person was killed and two were injured in the incident, MEHR reported.
Telegram channels monitoring Russia's military activity, including the blog Rybar with more than a million subscribers, said buildings housing Russia's Interior Ministry and the FSB security service had come under attack in the region's main town, also known as Belgorod.
The RVC published video footage late on Monday on their Telegram social media channel which showed what the group said was a fighter inspecting a captured Russian armed vehicle. Another video showed what it said were fighters operating an armed vehicle on a country road inside Russian territory.
Russia fights alleged incursion from Ukraine for second day, reports more drone attacks.