Russia announces Ukraine's failure of expected offensive

| Last update :

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Ukrainian forces have officially begun the expected major Ukrainian offensive, but every attempt has failed.

Russia announces Ukraine's failure of expected offensive

Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday that Ukrainian forces have officially begun the expected major Ukrainian offensive, but every attempt has failed and cost heavy casualties.

Despite Russia's claims that the counteroffensive has begun, Kyiv says it will not announce the start of the counteroffensive and that everyone will know in due course.

'MORE THAN 1000 UKRAINIANS KILLED'

Russia's Defense Ministry earlier said it had repelled fierce attacks in the Zaporizhzhia and Donetsk regions, causing more than 1,000 Ukrainian casualties and destroying dozens of tanks and armoured vehicles, but it offered no evidence for its assertions.

He added that Ukrainian forces attacked Russian lines four times with two battalions backed by tanks just south of Velyka Novosilka in Donetsk and twice just south of the city of Orikhiv in the Zaporizhzhia region, all of which were successfully repulsed.

"All counteroffensive attempts made so far have failed. But the offensive potential of the troops of the Kyiv regime is still preserved," Putin said.

On Tuesday, Russia said 3,715 Ukrainian soldiers were killed, but independent sources could not confirm the number.

Source: The Telegraph

WARNING: Comments that contain insults, swearing, offensive sentences or allusions, attacks on beliefs, are not written with spelling rules, do not use Turkish characters and are written in capital letters are not approved.