Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko says mercenary chief Yevgeny Prigozhin and Wagner's troops remain in the camps where he was stationed before the uprising.
Lukashenko, who said last week that Prigzohin was in Belarus, told reporters on Thursday that the Wagner chief was in St. Petersburg and his troops were still in their camp.
On June 24, Prigozhin, the chief of the Wagner troops, launched a rebellion he called a "march for justice". In the rebellion, he first quickly captured the city of Rostov-on-Don. Then he directed his troops towards Moscow.
Prigozhin claimed his troops had come within 200 kilometers of Moscow when he ordered them to stop the advance under the deal brokered by Lukashenko.
On June 24, Wagner chief Prigozhin reached an agreement with Russian President Vladimir Putin, brokered by Lukashenko, to guarantee security for him and his troops on condition that they move to Belarus.
Although the attempted rebellion failed, it was the biggest threat Russian President Vladimir Putin has faced during his tenure in power.