Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan made an economic visit to Gulf countries with 200 businessmen. The first stop was Saudi Arabia. During the meetings between President Erdogan and Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, new agreements were signed.
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan was welcomed with an official ceremony by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, the first stop of his Gulf tour. After the meeting, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman took President Erdogan to his hotel with TOGG, which was presented to him as a gift.
During the delegation talks chaired by President Erdogan and Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, 5 new agreements were signed between Türkiye and Saudi Arabia in the fields of direct investment, defense industry, energy, defense and communication.
Saudi Arabia's Defense Minister Prince Khalid bin Salman announced on Twitter that two agreements have been signed to purchase drones from Turkish company Baykar. "We agreed to increase the strength of the Kingdom's armed forces and strengthen defense and production capacity," the minister said in the statement. Salman also announced the signing of a defense cooperation plan between the two countries.
Saudi Arabia's Minister of Investment Falih said that they are targeting a total of 3 trillion Saudi Rials (810 billion dollars) and 300 billion dollars of diversified investments within the scope of 2030 and added, "We attach great importance to the presence of the Turkish private sector in our investments. I can't imagine how much power we will create when we bring together the strengths of the private sector of the two countries."
Here are the agreements with Saudi Arabia:
- The Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in the Field of Promotion of Direct Investment between the Republic of Türkiye and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was signed by Burak Daglıoglu, President of the Presidential Investment Office, and Khalid Al-Falih, Minister of Investment of Saudi Arabia.
- The Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in the Field of Communication between the Communications Directorate of the Presidency of the Republic of Türkiye and the Ministry of Information of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was signed by Presidential Communications Director Fahrettin Altun and Salman bin Yusuf Al-Dawsari, Minister of Media of Saudi Arabia.
- The Implementation Plan for Cooperation between the Ministry of National Defense of the Republic of Türkiye and the Ministry of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was signed by Yasar Guler, Minister of National Defense, and Prince Khalid bin Salman Al-Saud, Minister of Defense of Saudi Arabia.
- The Memorandum of Understanding on Energy between the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources of the Republic of Türkiye and the Ministry of Energy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was signed by Alparslan Bayraktar, Minister of Energy and Natural Resources, and Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman Al-Suud, Minister of Energy of Saudi Arabia.
- The Cooperation Agreement between the Ministry of Defense of Saudi Arabia and Baykar was signed by Baykar General Manager Haluk Bayraktar and Khalid Bin Hussein Al Bayari, Deputy Minister of Defense of Saudi Arabia.
Source: Anadolu Agency