Officials from the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine group said that on Wednesday, five Palestinians were killed and 10 injured in Israel's airstrike targeting the Palestinian group's positions.
An Israeli official, who requested anonymity, denied any role Israel played in the incident, TRT World reported. The Lebanese army declined to comment.
The Israeli military said it does not comment on reports in foreign media and a correspondent for Israel's Army Radio, citing Israeli officials, said "there was no Israeli attack on the PFLP along the Lebanon-Syria border".
Anwar Raja of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command continued the allegations and said that the town of Qusaya, east of Lebanon, near the Syrian border, had been hit in an airstrike. According to Raja, two of the injured are in critical condition.
Another PFLP-GC official, the Lebanon-based Abu Wael Issam, said that his group will respond “at the suitable time.” He added that the strike will not deter his group from “escalating the fight against the Israeli enemy.”
A representative for the PFLP-GC in Lebanon Abu Kifah Ghazi said airplanes had been heard over the PFLP-GC position all night.
Asked about the Israel response, Raja attributed Israel's denial to “the sensitivity of the situation in Lebanon,” a suggestion that any acknowledgment of a strike by Israel would push Hezbollah to retaliate.
Source: TRT World