5-year-old Palestinian girl found dead after repeated calls for help

World  |
Editor : Ahmet Erarslan
| Last update :

The Palestine Red Crescent Society accuses Israel of intentionally targeting the ambulance sent to rescue her, despite prior coordination

5-year-old Palestinian girl found dead after repeated calls for help

Relatives discovered the body of a 6-year-old Palestinian girl, along with five family members and two ambulance workers, after she pleaded for help while trapped by Israeli military fire in Gaza.

The Palestine Red Crescent Society accused Israel of intentionally targeting the ambulance sent to rescue her, despite prior coordination.

Israel's military hasn't responded to these allegations. Hind's body, along with her uncle, aunt, and their three children, was found near a roundabout in Gaza City.

The ambulance, nearly destroyed, was pictured by PCRS, while Al Jazeera footage showed it near the family's damaged car. The tragic ordeal of Hind, documented in distressing audio recordings, highlights the dire situation for civilians during Israel's ongoing assault on Gaza.

The conflict erupted on Oct. 7 when Hamas fighters attacked Israel, resulting in casualties and hostages, according to Israeli reports.

In the ongoing conflict, Israel's military has extended its control over most of the small Palestinian enclave, subjecting it to the relentless bombardment that, according to Gaza health authorities, has resulted in the deaths of over 28,000 people.

Throughout the war, the Israeli military has claimed to implement measures to minimize civilian casualties but has faced significant international condemnation for the high number of casualties.

Earlier this month, audio recordings released by the Red Crescent captured the distressing call for help made by Hind's teenage cousin, Layan Hamadeh, who reported an approaching Israeli tank before gunfire erupted, followed by her screams. Hind, believed to be the sole survivor, remained on the line with dispatchers for three hours, pleading for assistance as they arranged for an ambulance.

Despite coordinating with the Israeli military through intermediaries and receiving clearance, the Palestine Red Crescent Society sent an ambulance with two crew members, Youssef Zeino and Ahmed Al-Madhoon.

However, the Red Crescent spokesperson in Ramallah, Nebal Farsakh, reported that communication was lost after the ambulance crew reported being targeted with a laser beam, followed by gunfire and an explosion. This loss of contact with both the ambulance team and Hind has left their families, colleagues, and many worldwide deeply concerned about their safety.

"While we continue to investigate the events, we emphasize the imperative of protecting civilians – no child should ever endure fear for their life while surrounded by the bodies of their loved ones. The possibility that these were Hind's final moments is both devastating and unbearable," a spokesperson for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) expressed to Reuters.

Source: Reuters

WARNING: Comments that contain insults, swearing, offensive sentences or allusions, attacks on beliefs, are not written with spelling rules, do not use Turkish characters and are written in capital letters are not approved.